Saturday, May 07, 2005

A Useful Swatch



I won't buy a skein of yarn just to make a swatch. I understand the theory that it might save me anguish and money wasted on yarn I hate, but I still won't do it. I buy blindly, cross my fingers, and hope for the best. So far, I haven't wound up with any yarn I really dislike.

This is the first time I've bought a skein of something to try it out before I order enough to make what I really have planned. I've bought a few single skeins of stuff just because it looked fun, but that was different. I didn't plan on buying more later.

So I bought a skein of KnitPicks Shine, I knit with it, I love the yarn and wish I had enough to make myself a top. And now I've got to wait until I can order more. Maybe while I'm waiting I should wash the swatch. I never do that either.

3 comments:

emy said...

Cute photo to boot!

I saw you mention pixie boots! Do they exist somewhere?

Emily said...

What a doll he is!

The hat and soaker look great, too.

luvs2knit said...

What a cutie pie? He's quite the model. Is he for sale?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails