Sunday, March 12, 2006

A little bit at a time, I'm managing to get things done.

I finished two more quilt squares...



Even I can't ignore the problems with the bottom left hand block, so as soon as I can get the baby to sleep without me holding him, I've got a date with my seam ripper. Once I get it all put together, it'll be just the right size to tuck into Leif's car seat.

I finished the pink baby blanket...



The pattern is Janice's Easiest Ever Lacy Blanket. I used a skein of Caron Simply Soft, cast on 91 stitches, and knit until I was almost out of yarn. It would have been done a lot sooner if someone hadn't kept yanking it off the needles.

And I'm slowly getting some embroidery done...



The quilt pattern is in Favorite Applique and Embroidery Quilts by Betty Alderman. I'd been sort of wanting to try some redwork, but hadn't found the perfect pattern yet. This is beyond perfect! I love that it's blue...I love the pictures, especially the birthday cake and the cute little house...I've done crazy quilt blocks like this before, they're easy...

I can't wait to get the embroidery done so I can start putting the blocks together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails