Tuesday, January 16, 2007

If I was allowing myself to buy yarn today, I'd order three skeins of Mister Joe Montepulciano in Night Sky
to make myself a Reversible Lace Rib Shrug With Swing Shaping. I'd add enough Peruvian Highland Wool to make a Felted Birdhouse Handbag (in nice, gardeny shades of brown and green) to the order, and maybe four skeins of Lisa Lashes to make the Bulky Pinwheel Jacket because it's silly to pay postage for just three skeins of yarn. But I'm still being good, so I've printed the pattern and I'll ransack my stash for Rib Shrug yarn when it warms up a bit. With yarn requirements that vague, there's got to be something out there that'll work.

There's nothing out there suitable for felted birdhouses, but I might be able to pull together enough worsted weight acrylic to make a pinwheel jacket for one of my boy babies. That would be a lot more sensible than an eyelash version, no matter how cute the picture looks, because I don't have a girl baby to put one on.

I've been knitting away on my Alterknits wrap, making faster progress than I expected. I should actually be able to finish it before the Fall Cable Knitalong is over! If I don't get sucked into a new project.

I should also at least get started on my January Socktopia socks. I can think of at least three possibilities for the "Blue Monday" theme...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous! You're one of the socktopia knitters! I thought about signing up, but I haven't ever done colorwork, and that seemed to be one of the requirements. Oh well, I can't wait to see your project!

BTW, I like the baby pinwheel pattern a lot. I'm going to have to think about making that for my daughter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails