Tuesday, April 03, 2007

more and more shawls to knit

Even before I finished my Swallowtail Shawl, I wanted to do more shawls like it. I knew about Kiri, and the Sun Ray Shawl, and thought Shetland Triangle from Scarf Style would work until I got the book from the library again and found out that I'd have to start by casting on a zillion stitches. I still have hopes to do that one eventually, but right now I'm in love with the technique these other shawls use.

Last week, I was browsing Elann and found the Moonlight Sonata Shawl. It took a lot of willpower not to order the yarn from Elann then and there -- or to head over to Knitpicks and buy some dark blue Gloss. And this morning I was having yarn buying urges and checked out the Elann site to see if there was anything new to fuel them and found the Lunca Moth Shawl

I've even found yarn in my stash that'll probably work for both of them, but I still want that Gloss.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Did you see Susan's new shawl pattern?? She just put it up yesterday.
http://knittingasfastasican.com/2007/spring-things-shawl/

Rachel said...

those are fantastic shawls! Thanks for sharing the patterns!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails