Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I found a moth in a skein of sock yarn, which pretty much describes how things have been going. I don't have the heart to rewind the skein and see how bad the damage is. Or if they got into the rest of the yarn in that bag. And this was new yarn, from a reliable source, pretty colors that are now discontinued. I did not need to find that today. (Edited to add -- I'm sure the moth got into the yarn after it was in my custody.)

On the bright side, that eBay seller I've been going back and forth with for the past month finally refunded our money for the lost schoolbooks, but not after several sob stories and attempted guilt trips. I feel bad for her, but she's the one who didn't purchase the insurance I paid for, and who didn't package things properly, and who can't remember if she put an invoice in the box with either of our addresses. sigh Now I'm back to square one, trying to find another set of books.

I don't think I've mentioned that we got DSL last week. It's the slowest speed they offer, but compared to the dial up we've been using for the past three years, it's more than fast enough to thrill me. I can download patterns and get all of the pictures! I can see the past two issues of Knitty, and wander aimlessly around Ravelry...it's great!

And now that I can look at the pretty pictures, one of my favorite new discoveries is Quilterblogs.com. It's a great place to find interesting rabbit trails to follow.

The Spring 2009 issue of Knotions is up and there's a new feature called Fabric Row. The three projects, two bags and a pin cushion, combine knitting and sewing. I'm just deluded enough to think I might cast on for Tricornu if things settle down a bit later this afternoon.

I haven't done any more blanket stitch on the blackbirds. (Is it blanket stitch or buttonhole stitch? One word or two? I used to know this, but I'm apparently not getting enough sleep.)

I haven't assembled the top of that quilt for my friend quilt because I'm not doing my best quilting lately and I don't want to hurt it.

I did get the second step of One Thrifty Quilt done.



My accuracy isn't great, but I love the textures and colors and I'm going to make this thing work come hell or high water!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails