Sunday, February 01, 2009

I found my next quilt! There was another scrap quilt I saw a couple of months ago that had a buzz saw look to it, but at the time I was intimidated by the construction, or didn't think I had the right colors, or I don't know --- something scared me off. And after I started Mountain Majesties and wanted to take another look at the pattern, I couldn't remember what library book I saw it in.

It's been nagging at me for a couple of weeks, not quite enough for me to start flipping through every book in the quilting section of the library with a three year old and a four year old at my side, but I did want to find that quilt pattern again.

But I don't have to go on a great huge quest! A few minutes ago I followed a link from the Stashbusters list and found Aunt Betty's Attic. I couldn't tell you how closely this resembles the quilt pattern I originally saw and I honestly don't care.

This is the quilt I want to make. I've got extra muslin left over from the flying bird blocks and I'm sure I must have some bright and cheerful fabric scraps that will work. I'm not going to stop by Craft Warehouse this week to see if they still have the wonderful vintagy fat quarters my friend just bought for her scrap quilt.

And while I'm digging out fabric for the bright and cheerful buzz saw blades, I'm going to see what I can find for Sew Much to Do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails