Thursday, April 16, 2009

Am I the only one trying to knit a pair of Lake Effect Double Knit Mittens?! It sure seems like it. Mine is the only project on Ravelry. I've googled and there's no mention of these mittens anywhere that I can find. I even searched the archives at Knitlist and Knittalk. There's no mention of this pattern anywhere.

I'm ready to knit the thumb stitches onto waste yarn. I've done the same thing plenty of times with regular mittens, but this whole double layer thing is making me nervous. And after that there are the colorwork charts, which make me even more nervous...and even if I do pull it off and make an actual mitten, it's not going to fit even the littlest hands in the house because the bottom edge has no stretch to it.

If I do finish this thing, it's going to be purely decorative. Why am I doing this? Because it seemed like an entertaining, quick project that I could handle. It's a lot more involved than I expected, but I'm tired of casting things on and then giving up and ripping them back out again.

Another fabric give away, this time at The Farm Chicks. They're giving away two yards of fabric from Pixie Dust and the chateau charlotte has such an adorable story book feel to it that I couldn't resist entering.

And this, which starts tomorrow, looks like it could be a lot of fun. I've got my quilt all picked out.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails