Saturday, May 01, 2010

One of these days, I'm going to learn to write my blog posts in another program. Yesterday's was all typed out and just the way I wanted it -- until I hit "publish post" and Blogger suddenly decided to shoot me to the log in screen. I'll try to recreate it later, but today I've got other things on my mind.

Some of the gals at Stashbuster are retreating this weekend and since Bill has to work both days, I decided to publicly announce some goals and plunge in myself.

Goal #1, the big one, is to get the floral 42 cat blocks sashed and assembled into a top. I've been putting that off because it's big, because I've got too much time and emotion invested in this quilt to just randomly throw the blocks together, because I'm afraid of how huge this thing is going to be, because I couldn't remember where I'd put the muslin for the sashing....

Now that it's all pinned together and ready to go, I'm stressing about what I'm going to back it with (solid yardage in the same sort of dark floral as I used for the cats, or pieced from several dark florals?) and if I'm going to do it on the longarm or the Janome.

Until recently, I was happy enough to get a top done and let it sit for months (or a year) until I got time on the longarm. Now that I know I can do them at home, I'm impatient.

The rest of my goals for the weekend keep shifting. I want to pin baste the blue and yellow string quilt, pin baste the brown Irish chain, get the binding machine sewn onto the two new baby quilts, maybe finish the scrappy sawtooth stars...

Guess we'll see how much energy and motivation I can maintain!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails