Sunday, March 27, 2011

the numbers

Weekly Stash Report for week starting 3/20/11

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 31 yards
Added this Week: 90 1/2 yards
Added Year to Date: 299 yards
Net Used for 2011: - 268 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 100 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3600 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 6400 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 11000 yards
Net Used for 2011: -7400 yards

The explanation for this week's yarn and fabric is in yesterday's post. The only thing I bought myself was the yarn. And if you add up what I spent on the yarn, what Grandma spent on my birthday fabric, and what Mom spent on my share of the estate sale stuff, the grand total is only around $30. For almost a hundred yards of great fabric, and a huge bag of yarn. Did I mention that the fabric is mostly one yard cuts and that most of it is the old small scale prints I love so much?

I think the fabric numbers are fairly accurate, but the yarn is a wild guess. I weighed the bag, figured out how many skeins of worsted weight acrylic would be in eight pounds, and guessed at the total yardage from there.

The numbers sound insane, but at the rate I've been going, that yarn is only five months worth of baby hat knitting. And the price was definitely right. And the fabric was a birthday gift, which means I don't have to worry about it at all.

To see how everyone else is doing, click over to Patchwork Times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails