Sunday, April 10, 2011

weekly stash report #15

Fabric Used this Week: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 33 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 100 yards
Added Year to Date: 405 yards
Net Used for 2011: - 371.25 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3600 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 11000 yards
Net Used for 2011: -7400 yards

More fabric. Again. I'm starting to see why Judy loses so many participants because, although I'm thrilled with the fabric that's been following me home, I hate to think what it looks like week after week. (And I feel like I need to add the usual "I hardly bought any of it it myself" bit -- this week, I bought ten yards of quilt shop quality neutrals for $20.)

A lot of the new fabric is estate sale sheets that Grandma picked up for ten cents each. There are some great solids and prints, and a couple that will probably be foundation for string blocks. Some is the old calico prints I love, found dirt cheap on Craig's List.

And, although it doesn't fit in the weekly report, I went through my existing stash and threw out thirty yards of fabric that was never going to be a quilt, or a cat quilt, or anything else I want to make.

To see what everyone else is up to, click over to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Jo said...

Don't worry about your stash report...Everyone keeps them for different reasons. I keep mine to encourage me to not leave UFOs. I like seeing finished numbers.

Kate said...

I agree with Jo, we all keep our reports for different reasons. Sometimes how much goes out or in is not as important as what came in our went out. Good job on getting rid of what you won't use.

krisgray said...

It's not all about the numbers. Sounds like you brought in all those yards with very little out of pocket! Great sales and we gotta have those neutrals.

Lynne in Hawaii said...

I think if something is no longer in my stash it is out! So go ahead and count that 30 yards as out. It doesnt matter whether it is used (as in a project), given away, donated to charity or tossed! It IS NOT IN YOUR STASH!

Katie Z. said...

I would count the 30 yards out on your report for sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails