Tuesday, September 06, 2011

I'm doing laundry!

I'm almost afraid that I'll jinx myself by saying it, but I am doing laundry. The nasty, awful stuff that I didn't want to haul fifty miles to wash at Grandma's house, so it's miserable laundry.

But it's getting clean! Because we didn't buy a new washer. I'll hopefully introduce you to my new best friend soon. She seems just too perfect to last.

I'm dying to start the Lego Tutorial at Lazy Girl Quilting. Up in the sewing room, or maybe under my ironing board, is a very big box full of very little, mostly rectangular scraps. Not quite the right size for cutting into my usual 2 1/2" squares, but I could get all sorts of 1 1/2" strips out of them.

I've seen a lot of Lego blocks this morning, and they're all gorgeous. Joe Tulips is using flying geese in her Lego quilt and they're absolutely amazing. I can do this! I've got just as many ugly fabric scraps as anyone else.

Jo's Crumb Along started today. I love all of the little stars and nine patches hiding in her crumb quilt.

I've got to buy myself a new rotary cutter this week and start cutting itty bitty pieces.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails