Friday, November 18, 2011

more blacks!

While I was searching around my sewing machine for my Companion Angle ruler, I found these blacks --




And some smaller pieces that I'll be able to use if I either find the ruler or decide that I never bought one in the first place and drive into town to buy one. Can I start with a different method and then switch to the ruler once I make it into town to buy another one? Or is that just asking for trouble?

While I'm cleaning up the sewing corner (because Thanksgiving is coming in less than a week, so it's time for that fun annual ritual), I'm also pulling out yellow fabrics because I stumbled across the instructions for Kiss in the Corner. How did I never see that one before?

4 comments:

beaquilter said...

uhhh, I just cut my ORCA pieces out earlier this afternoon, it's A LOT!! but didn't put too much of a dent in my piles though, but got to use a lot of my little pieces, so that was good. :-) I changed my colors, so....

beaquilter said...

oh, BTW she mentioned a different method, didn't show a picture of it though

Camilla said...

You can fake the fancy ruler, if you make a paper template that's actual size (with the seam allowances added) then line that up on the corner of some other square or rectangular ruler, then make yourself a tape line, and use that instead.

Make and measure one block before you cut the whole lot, though.

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

Sounds like something I would do - making them two different ways. Assuming you are a meticulous trimmer, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails