Monday, September 24, 2012

I'm having fun!

My poor Janome probably doesn't know what hit her -- it's been months since I spent this much time at my sewing machine. The plan is to get the Nancy Drew quilt done fast, before life throws any fun new challenges my way.

I'm managing to mostly ignore the yellow jacket stings. They've swollen up a lot more than my last batch of honeybee stings did, but they didn't leave me with that awful flu-like feeling... and they aren't on my face. That definitely makes them easier to ignore.

This fabric I'm playing with is a wonderful distraction. The little glimpses of cover art and the book spines keep conjuring up fragments of happy memory. I couldn't tell you what happened in most of the books, even if I did read them multiple times, but I know I was happy while I was reading them. And I'm having a blast re-reading them.


To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.


2 comments:

Allie said...

I hope you heal quickly hon, oh that just sounds so very painful. I can't wait to see this quilt!

Unknown said...

antihistamines really help with stings, also a cortisone cream which I swear by. The sting can hurt for a month I was told by the pharmacist.
Janome, is my kind of machine...6600 and I love it with the table that came with it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails