Saturday, September 22, 2012

what to do with all those scraps...

What's a quilter with six big bags of new-to-her scraps to do on a lazy Saturday morning? Look for ideas for new quilts!

Film at Five would be a great way to play with scrappy squares. And there's a tutorial coming!

A couple of years back, I saw a Keep Calm and Carry On t-shirt at Walmart. I wanted it, but I convinced myself to be good. And of course when we went back a few days later, they were all gone. I still haven't found myself one. Now I'm thinking, I want to make a quilt. This one is themed for graduation, but look at those colors and picture Keep Calm and Carry On. Isn't that just what a mom of four needs for those bad days?

This Low Volume Scrap Quilt is making my heart go pitty pat. I think I need to start pulling fabric for my own low volume quilt.

I was thinking of cutting a whole ton of Drunkard's Path units and playing with layouts. This one would make a really cute baby quilt.

How about these butterflies from the row along at Bee in my Bonnet?

And just because dilapidated old buildings are so fascinating, take a look at this old train station...

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Well, you could also just "will" those fabric scraps to someone else...like ME! If you are liking the looks of Film at Five start cutting 2-1/2" squares. A lot of them! The tutorial should be ready by the end of this week.

krisgray said...

Film at Five got my attention today, too! So many scraps....

Deanna said...

Film at Five is a flimsy, for your viewing pleasure: http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/2012/09/22/film-at-five-is-a-flimsy/

Tutorial coming really soon, now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails