Friday, October 05, 2012

Dr. Frankeinstein's Monster

Today is the second day of Judy's October 12 Quiltathon.  I can't quilt all day -- that's tomorrow, hopefully -- but I'm doing what I can and embracing October by starting a new Halloween quilt.

Yesterday I talked about making fabric choices based on what's easiest to grab. And that's more or less what I'm doing with this project, too. I started with the new scrap bags from Grandma, sorting through and pulling out anything I thought might work. There didn't seem to be enough, so I moved out to the sewing room and did a quick sort-and-grab there. It still might not be everything I need for the entire quilt, but I've got a good start. Once I figure out what holes I have to fill, I'll do more digging through my stash.


I ordered this Dr. Frankenstein's Monster Door Banner pattern from Country Threads back when I ordered the first pattern for Jo's Quilt Square Quilt Along.  (No I didn't keep up with that, so I kept my deal with myself didn't order the next two patterns.)  I'd seen this quilt, or one very much like it, in an old issue of Quilt Sampler and loved the idea of it.



Before I can make any more progress on the applique blocks, I need to get my hands on some more fusible web. I've got  fabrics picked for the bat and the cat -- and then it's time to make some hard choices and decide what I'm using for Frankenstein and his background.

To check out everyone else's Quiltathon progress, hop over to Patchwork Times. And don't  forget -- the Leafs Me Happy blog hop continues today. Friday's bloggers are Insanity Defense, Michelle May and the Bunnies (take a look at those applique squirrels!), Sparrow in Flight, Quilted Delights, Quilting With a Marmalade Cat, Traveling Quilter, A Stitch in Time (neat falling leaves!), Cherry Blossoms (pretty candy corn flower!), Tea Time Creations, Moosestash Quilting, & Stitchin by the Lake.

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Love the Dr. Frankenstien banner. That will be darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails