Monday, October 15, 2012

more turtles!

I'm making progress. The turtle has three new friends, and I've sorted out enough green fabric to make all sixteen of the turtles that I'll need for my planned quilt. The blocks finish at 14" and go together fast.

I'm not used to working with pieces this big, but I'm looking forward to experimenting with different quilting designs on each turtle. 


Instructions for the turtle block are here. To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times. And to see more October NewFOs, check out Cat Patches.

4 comments:

beaquilter said...

these turtles are just TOO cute, I can imagine some scrappy ones too.... I finished my drunkard's path -leader and enders blocks, but some were stretched out and skewed so I'm trimmed them down wonky and I'm sewing them together randomly, either it will look cool or like junk, we'll see

Denise :) said...

How fun!! Fear the Turtle! Many of my family are University of Maryland grads ... so this quilt is quite fun to me!! :)

Gari in AL said...

I really like your turtle. I'm currently doing frogs but maybe turtles will be next. ;-)

Barbara said...

These are so cute. You're off to a good start!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails