Tuesday, October 02, 2012

yarn along - new warshrags

A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I needed some new warshrags. And then I immediately got busy with other projects, because that's the way I do things. Sooner or later I come back to what I meant to do in the first place...or I don't. It's not like it actually matters to anyone, including me, whether or not I follow through on an urge to knit new dishcloths.

I don't think this is the pattern I meant to knit.  But after making these two I've got the entire pattern committed to memory and I'm not learning a different one, at least not for this batch. It's a little less lacy, but it's close enough. (I think this one is the one I used last time.) 


I love these round dishcloths. They're pretty and squishy and make it look like I know what I'm doing with a pair of knitting needles.
.


This week I'm reading As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto, which jumped into my hands from the "grab and go" shelf at the library. I have no interest at all in French food or cooking, but the life of Julia Child fascinates me. I could curl up for an entire afternoon and happily read these two women's letters about knives and whisks and frozen orange juice. It's a totally different world -- maybe because I'm such a hopeless cook myself.

I love this picture of Julia in her kitchen in France. It's so different from what we think of as a nice kitchen -- and think of everything she accomplished in it!



Check out On the Needles over at Patchwork Times.

The Leafs me Happy blog hop continues -- Wednseday's bloggers are Plum and June, The Recipe Bunny, Vroomans Quilts, It's Sew Kiki, Pigtales and Quilts, Quilting Fiesta, Grammie Q's, Nancy, Just Let Me Quilt, Selina Quilts, & The Learning Curve Quilts and Such      

4 comments:

Material Girls said...

love knitted "warsh clothes" I usually buy them at boutiques. Maybe it is time for me to learn to knit?!
Nadine

Suze said...

I love to knit "warshrags." Last time my daughter was home to visit (she lives out of state), she raided my stash and took all the rags that she thought wouldn't fade in the laundry.

One of my grandfathers always called them "warshrags." Oh, what a fond memory! Thank you for helping me recall that memory today. I'm going through a difficult time in my life and sweet memories sure help.

I think I made a similar pattern. Maybe I need to get my needles clicking along with my sewing machine humming.

Kathaleeny said...

My little niece went on a class trip to Washington, DC. (Fifth grade) When she came back all she could talk about was her congressman who said "Welcome to Warshington."

These are pretty.

Evans said...

love knitted "warsh clothes" I usually buy them at boutiques. Maybe it is time for me to learn to knit?! Nadine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails