Tuesday, December 04, 2012

learning new things - fires and circles

 
If a stray spark can set a house on fire, why is it so hard to get a fire started where it belongs? Until this week, I wouldn't even try lighting a fire on my own unless it was one of those paper wrapped fake logs. But now I'm learning. I even split some kindling the other day without cutting off my own foot. And I've managed to avoid filling the living room with smoke.
 
 

I've been wanting to quilt circles since I saw this quilt on Moose Bay Muses, but first I had to finish a baby quilt. My circles aren't as smooth as hers, and they're not as close together, but  I'm liking them. I'm expecting this quilt to by my finish for Friday's post. It feels good to be doing the baby quilts again.

This post is linked to Try it on Tuesday at Jos Country Junction.



2 comments:

Allie said...

Yep, I have no trouble starting my clothing on fire at my stove, but in a fireplace? Sigh. That quilt looks darling!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love that quilting idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails