Sunday, November 10, 2013

I found 'em!

Are you planning on making Celtic Solstice? I still haven't decided, but I picked up the paint chips and started thinking about fabric. I don't have much orange in my stash, so that might be a problem. If we need the orange for Step One, I may drop out before I even get started. 

I bought a set of Tri Recs a few years back, planning to make a quilt I'd seen on someone's blog. I never did start that quilt, and forgot all about the rulers until I saw Jo's Peaks and Valleys Pattern. You can do a triangle in a square with those rulers?! I didn't know that when I bought them!



Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 65 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 4 yards
A"dded Year to Date: 251 1/2 yards
Net Added for 2013: 186 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2950 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 2200 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 13200 yards
Net Added for 2013: 10250 yards

That looks like a lot of yarn, but it's for one sweater for Teenage Daughter. She wants a Weasley Sweater in Slytherin colors, "like the one you made Heath, but with nicer yarn." I don't have many sweater quantities of yarn in my stash, and none of them at Slytherin green, so we found a sale on Wool-Ease and, after finding out that the store only stocks eight skeins of any one color at a time (really?!), ordered it online. They also had colors to match two of those single skeins of sock yarn I was fussing about a while back.

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times and Finding Fifth.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You can change the orange to anything you have lots of in your stash... that's the fantastic thing about Bonnie's mysteries!

Kate said...

I'm still debating about joining in with Bonnie's quilt along. I usually can't keep up with all the clues.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I am planning to do Bonnie's mystery, but I think I may change out the orange--not a fan since my high school job working at the local A&W and having to wear orange every day. Thanks for pointing out Peaks and Valleys--it's pretty cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails