Wednesday, February 12, 2014

{Yarn Along} curled up under quilts with a pile of good books


I didn't get a whole lot of knitting done this week because mindless knitting in a cold silent house isn't that much fun and I wasn't motivated enough to dig out something more challenging. We read. And then read a lot more. 

Buried in Bargains, the latest book in the Good Buy Girls series, is probably my least favorite of the three. The mystery wasn't that interesting.  I’m a lot more excited about The Sasquatch Escape, the first book in the new Imaginary Veterinary series. My youngest two haven't been this excited about a read-aloud since we started The Day My Butt Went Psycho. Unlike the butt book, this one doesn't make me cringe. The story, about a boy who is sent to live with his grandfather and rescues a wyvern hatchling from the cat, then leaves the door to the old button factory unbolted and has to recover an escaped sasquatch, is holding their interest and mine. The vocabulary is great -- apparently the author of that article I was complaining about a while back doesn't read this author. We've already started The Lonely Lake Monster and I'm hoping the library will get the third book in the series soon.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis.



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails