Saturday, April 19, 2014

Civil War Legacies II


I love little quilts. I love the look of reproduction fabrics. Most of what's in my stash is "close enough" instead of actual reproductions, but it works for me. Civil War Legacies II: 17 Small Quilt Patterns for Reproduction Fabrics by Carol Hopkins is right up my alley. The quilts look do-able and just challenging enough to be fun.

Gettysburg Sun is my absolute favorite quilt from the book. I'd be making it right now if I had the time.


And I love the setting for Baskets for Betsy. Did I mention that the quilts are little? Those are 4" basket blocks. 


I'm intrigued by the block used in Thorns and Roses. 


There are some simpler quilts, too, but those aren't the ones that make my heart go pitty-pat. You can find lots more images from the book at the Martingale website

Disclosure -- the publisher provided me with an electronic ARC. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails