Monday, May 05, 2014

Little Bits of Red & White

Yesterday I plugged in my sewing machine and iron, set the kitchen timer for an hour, and pulled out some red and white fabric I'd cut before life got quite so interesting.


It took closer to an hour and a half to get this little top together, but I'm not complaining. I only expected to get some of the blocks pieced.

And just to make sure you realize how little these blocks are --


They're the same snowball and nine-patch blocks I used for the other itty-bitty quilts, this time in a straight setting, with half snowball blocks for the border.

This post is linked to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

13 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

You make that look so easy, only an hour and a half! Would have taken me a day and half. Looks like a full size quilt laying there, nice work!

KaHolly said...

It was an hour and a half well spent. How adorable!!

Ramona said...

It's a beauty! And it is funny how something looks so big until you put it into context. Love this little quilt.

Jo said...

Oh so cute..glad you took some time for you!!

krisgray said...

A-dorable! Those little projects can be so satisfying - less than 2 hours?! Awesome!

The Slow Quilter said...

It would have taken me longer for those tiny blocks, but it is beautiful, love the red/white.

Dar said...

Cute little quilt. If only I had an extra 2 hours to play this week.

Chris said...

I wish I could get pieces that small to be so perfect! Lovely.

quilterchick said...

I'm glad you got to take a little time for yourself. The quilt is darling.

Margaret said...

really cute and tiny. beautiful

Lovelli Quilts said...

Very beautiful, we all forget that minis can take as long as big quilts.

Audrey said...

It's adorable, Michelle! Love red and white together. Well done for an hour's fun work!

Sweet Woodruff said...

OMGosh, that is amazing. How did you do that. I love red and white quilts. My fav!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails