Wednesday, August 20, 2014

{Yarn Along} Wrestling the Squid -- I think I'm winning!

The arms are joined and the underside is done. Now I'm working on the head.


Do you figure out in advance how much a project is going to cost? This one has crept up on me. I bought yarn...then more yarn....then the big bag of stuffing.... I didn't keep  track of the actual numbers, but I'm thinking that if I'd realized how much this project was going to cost, I might've thought twice before buying those first skeins of yarn.

If I'd read the pattern in advance, I definitely would have been scared off! But it's been kind of fun, and it's been keeping my mind occupied and if I ever had the right time to tackle a project like this one, it was now.


In Mean Streak by Sandra Brown a pediatrician training for a marathon disappears from an isolated mountain trail. Her husband waits a little longer than he should before calling the authorities, which makes him a suspect. When she awakens with a concussion, she's being held in the cabin of a man who will tell her nothing about himself, not even his name, and refuses to drive her down off of the mountain.  This sounds a lot like some of the other suspense novels I've been reading lately, but it's romantic suspense and playing by a different set of rules. There were some bits that just bugged me -- the heroine takes "analgesic tablets" instead of anything specific, and there are some awkward twists to avoid brand names, but I had a hard time putting the book down because I really wanted to know where the  characters would all end up.

For more fun projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and

Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis

Disclosure - the publisher provided me with an ARC.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails