Saturday, September 27, 2014

Baking Day!

This is from the same day of the week set as the Market Day bird I stitched last week. Would you believe that I had the entire bird stitched before I remembered I'd meant to do her in black? 


This was my first try with a hot iron transfer pencil. At first, I didn't see the point. I've been tracing images with whatever pencil or ballpoint pen was handy and that's been working just fine.


After using the pencil, I definitely see what the point is. No improvised light box, no struggling to keep things from shifting, no stretching the fabric... I like this method much better!

1 comment:

Carolyn Loewen said...

I've used this kind of pencil many times. Where did you get your picture for these cute transfers?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails