Wednesday, October 08, 2014

{Yarn Along} Desperation

Five minutes into my son's hour long speech therapy appointment there was an ominous snap. Sure enough, the cable of my interchangeable needles had given up. And, happily, I didn't say any of the not-suitable-for-my-kid's-speech-appointment words I would've probably used if I was in a room alone.


With so many stitches and so much weight, I wasn't surprised that the connection finally gave. But the timing was awful. I wound up knitting onto the broken cable end. Slow and tedious work, but it was that or stare at the walls for another forty-five minutes.




Maddie Michaels, also known as Mrs. Frugalicious, is at it again in Black Thursday by Linda Joffe Hull. I absolutely loved Eternally 21, the first book in the series, and this one is even more fun. Her identity as Mrs. Frugalicious no longer a secret, Maddie is doing her Black Thursday shopping with a television news crew and her soon-to-be-ex-husband's entire family in tow. The evening literally comes to a crashing end when a pallet of toasters falls and crushes one of Maddie's fans.

This book is vicarious sleuthing and holiday shopping at its best.  The author weaves shopping and bargain hunting tips throughout the story and explores both the best and worst parts of Black Friday shopping. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for a third book!

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis.

Disclosure -- the publishers provided me with a review copy.  

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sad to loose a needle, but you saved the project. I love knitting with round needles, I use them almost exclusively, so much easier on my arms.

kjramstack said...

Wow! I'm not sure I would have been able to keep the inappropriate from leaving my lips if that happened to me. Yikes! Sounds like you were able to save your knitting without too much trouble.

Donna said...

Oh that is so frustrating when that happens. At least you were able to hold your tongue! And your knitting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails