Tuesday, February 24, 2015

{Kindle Freebie} The Murder Pit




Last spring, I recommended this cozy mystery by Jeff Shelby. Today, I saw that it's being offered as a Kindle freebie, so I'm reposting my original review. I don't know how long that offer is good for, so remember to check the price before you order.

When I decided to read The Murder Pit by Jeff Shelby, it was because the heroine, Daisy Savage, finds a corpse in the coal chute of her hundred-year-old home. Old houses with bodies hidden in the walls, as long as they're the fictional kind, always intrigue me. I didn't realize until I got into the book that Daisy is a homeschooling mom of four. She's not a detective, even if she did do a unit study on forensics with her kids a while back, but she's being snubbed by the members of their local homeschooling co-op because no one wants their kids in her classes. Everyone in town knows that she dated the victim before marrying her husband and most of her neighbors seem to think there was a lot more to that one date and that she must've had something to do with his presence in her house.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for sharing the freebies! I always go download them right away even though it may be weeks before I read them!

CathieJ said...

Thanks for the heads-up about this freebie. I just downloaded it to my kindle. I have been wanting to read it since your first review.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails