Monday, April 27, 2015

Procrastination and Wheel Spokes

I love this kitten and her bicycle and I really want her in my Garden Party Quilt, but something about those wheel spokes was intimidating. I got the black part of the tires partially done, then it sat untouched for almost a month.


I can't abandon the whole project over a few wheel spokes, can I? But I couldn't convince myself to work on it, not even fifteen minutes at a time. For the moment, I'm ignoring the wheels and working on the cat. Maybe if I get everything else done, I'll be able to force myself to finish the wheels and chain.

Either that, or I'm going to start another block!

This post is linked to Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

Kitty said...

Sometimes working on the rest of it is exactly what you need to light a fire under your bum to finish the tough part! I bet once the cat is finished, you will have motivation to finish the spokes, since with EVERYthing else finished, it would be a shame to keep it out!! Starting another block would be okay, too :) Good luck!

Amanda Best said...

I used to have that problem, too. Now I stitch the most difficult, or most boring part of an embroidery project first, so I have the cutest/easiest part to do last. This has really helped me to finish up my embroidery projects, hope it might help you, too. I love that kitty pattern, I bought mine a few weeks ago.

colleen said...

Oh gosh I really understand it. What I have done to avoid using stitches I am just not comfortable doing is change the stitch. Perhaps this can work for you. For the straight spokes lay down # 5 pearl cotton then do tiny stitches over it to hold it in place ... In other words couch it. For the chain perhaps a laisy daisy stitch
Any way good luck
I also bribe myself

CathieJ said...

I actually think the tires would be more difficult than the wheel spokes. Dive in, you will be much happier once those spokes are started.

Judy S. said...

That's a cute little kitten! Do the rest of the blocks incorporate embroidery also? I'm a great procrastinator, too, and am trying to get back with a sampler.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails