Sunday, October 18, 2015

Do You Knit in Public?

I spent most of yesterday at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, knitting my way through panels about the programming of the first Atari games and popular YouTubers. I've got a happy son and I made it through the heel and part of the cuff of my yellow and grey striped socks.

On Teenage Daughter's bedroom floor is a pile of lace scarves. Her new job at the call center has a strict list of activities allowed during downtime and knitting is one of the options. She's been shopping her own stash  and making some gorgeous stuff.

Do you knit in public?  

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6 1/4 yards
Added this week: 0
Added year  to date: 400
Net added for 2015: 393 3/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 7200 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 9539 yards
Net Added for 2015: 2339 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Wish I could knit; I know how but my hands hurt too much. My DIL and 11-y-o GD usually participate in the knit-in-public day (whenever that is). One year DIL had a knitting seminar (actually it was a community service seminar) with her Honors students at Central Arkansas State and they knitted up the town of Conway to draw attention to their service projects.

Lcrrkhs said...

Yes I do. At swim meets, at conferences for work, etc. My boss once raised an eyebrow and then he decided against it. It became clear to him that I was just fine.

And that I was holding a sharp thing. :-)

DeeDee said...

All the time! At doctor's appointments, my son's sporting events and practices, when I'm out to eat, with my knitting group, wherever I get the chance. I've been on a lace shawl kick myself and I have a huge wardrobe of lacy things to wear. Your daughter is so fortunate to be able to knit during her down time at work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails