Thursday, November 12, 2015

Clothes Pins



I found this pattern over at Q is for Quilter and I don't think it's cute, but it wouldn't leave my head. The anthropomorphic dishes are just so weird and angry looking.

I scorched the fabric a just a bit with my iron, but it's not nearly as bad as what I did to the cookie jar transfer. I decided that it adds to the "fake vintage" look I'm going for. In real life, it's not as obvious as it is in the picture.

This post is linked to the Vintage Embroidery linky party.

3 comments:

Caro said...

clothespins - they are hanging out the laundry. They are clothespins.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Michelle,

Visiting you from Super Mom No Cap's linky party. (I didn't join in this week.)

I managed to scorch my fabric too, when I recently transferred a pattern for Crewel Work embroidery, however I washed my fabric and luckily I don't think the scorch is visible now! Quite a few of us in my handicraft group managed to scorch our fabric the same day!

Funny you stitching that pattern, I'm sure I only saw in on Pinterest a couple of days ago, and was thinking of stitching it on a peg bag - I still might!

Nice to meet you, Michelle.

Barbara xx

SuperMomNoCape said...

Sometimes patterns do stick in our minds and we have to make them to get them out, even it we don't know why.

Thanks for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails