Sunday, December 20, 2015

There's a Sad Empty Hole Where My Sewing Machine Belongs

It was a decision that made sense at the time. My Janome has been fussing and not sounding quite right since I made the little black and white wall quilt. There's never a happy time to be without my machine, but I figured I'd take it in and back off from the blog a bit to get ready for Christmas. Hopefully I'll have it back before the first of the year and be ready to hit the ground running.

There are at least six other machines here that should be in working condition, but there's still a holiday to get ready for. It turns out that skipping blog posts and putting my knitting and sewing almost completely aside doesn't get me ready for Christmas any faster....

That'll be good to know for next year when I want to sew and I'm feeling guilty about it!

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6 1/4 yards
Added this week:  0 yards
Added year  to date: 450 3/4 yards
Net added for 2015: 444 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 400  yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 9100 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 15263 yards
Net Added for 2015: 6163 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your favorite machine is in the shop. I know how that feels. I hate to let it go for a couple of hours for cleaning! I hope it's back in time for you to get a little something done before the end of the year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails