Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Bright New Socks


This is Drops Fabel in Blue Lagoon, something I wouldn't know if I hadn't just gone through and written the names on all of the skeins. I learned the hard way that trying to figure out color names ten years after buying the yarn isn't easy, even with Ravelry.


Not long after I took the top picture, I started to think that I wanted something with more exciting stripes. I love that nearly solid blue, but I'll love it more if I use it for something with a bit of lace or cables. So I pulled my needles free which, at least in theory,  leaves the option of picking up the stitches where I left off.

And now I'm making these, in Drops Fabel Sea Mist.



This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along, iknead2knit 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard choice to make, but I think I like the top one just a *smidge* better. =) Lovely that you can knit socks!

Judy S. said...

Both are nice! Kudos to you for going toe up; I really find that way difficult.

Dar said...

I really like both yarns. It would be a hard choice for me. I really love your round tub of choices too. What makes such a pretty picture of color.

Ann said...

Do you like Drops yarns? I have recently found their website and found a sweater pattern and yarn on sale there. Do you recommend it? Love th sock colors
Ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails