Sunday, July 31, 2016

I Hope This Yarn is Worth It

Last summer, I saw and fell in love with the Arne and Carlos self-patterning yarn from Regia. The price was jut a bit out of my reach, especially with shipping added in. But earlier this month I found it advertised for 30% off. That was a do-able splurge. 


The yarn doesn't look too pretty in the skein, but just look what it's supposed to do when it's  knitted up!


I've been buying yarn and fabric online for more than fifteen years now and this was the most trouble I've ever had with an order. My usual assumption is that if I order yarn before a trip it will probably be waiting for me when we get home, or at least well on its way.

This time, when I got the "your order has shipped" email, it only listed two of the three yarns --- let's call those A and B. They'd billed me for all three and there was no explanation of what had happened with the yarn C. When I contacted the company to ask  about it, they said they'd investigate and reship the original order (which wasn't even supposed to have arrived yet.) I got a shipment notice telling me that they'd shipped yarn B and C, immediately followed by an email telling me that yarn C was no longer available and I wouldn't be receiving it.  Are you as confused as I am at this point?

After a couple of weeks of waiting and wondering, I did finally receive all of the yarn I'd ordered (along with duplicate skeins of yarn B.) After all of the stress, I'm wondering if I really wanted it badly enough to justify the stress.

Ever have a supply order that went so wrong it took all of the joy out of the project?

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 5 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric added year to date: 13 1/4 yards (+2 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 7 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 400 yards
Yarn used year to Date: 4450 yards
Yarn added this Week: 1840 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 7366 yards
Net added for 2016: 2916 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Dianna M said...

That is beyond frustrating! Glad it finally showed up. Maybe set it aside for a bit to let all the stress from getting it go down so that you can enjoy it more.

Sharon said...

I've not had those problems for which I am thankful But I love Regia self patterning yarn It makes beautiful socks which you can knit when you don't have time to think. I'll bet by midwinter you will be very thankful you have it.

Amanda Best said...

I have had similar troubles ordering fabrics. I had a gift certificate for an online quilt shop. After completing my order I got an email, the ones I picked were low stock, they asked if I would like something different. I picked new things and said, if that is out of stock please send me, this as my third choice. When I got my package it was a mishmash of all the different choices and not enough of any of the fabrics for my intended project. Oh well those fabrics can now be a part of more scrappier things, but whew.... it was stressful.
I agree that waiting awhile before starting any of these new yarns will help to make you excited about them, they look fabulous! I am an avid knitter, but I have never knitted socks before.... that would be fun to watch the pattern develop!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they need to wake up over there! I'm glad you got all three colors, though. It would be interesting to know if color C really is gone, or if it was another error from the company. I hope the yarn pools just like the label promises! When you start knitting, I think the joy of this will come pouring back, because they will be so beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails