Wednesday, July 20, 2016

It's a Doily, Not a Dishcloth!

That's the name of the pattern, which is a free Ravelry download designed by Becky Greene,  but it's totally a warshrag!


Three lace charts for a dishcloth. That part was fun The picot bindoff, on the other hand, took forever. Not quite as long as knitting the rest of the project, but by the end it felt like it had.




Professional organizer Maggie McDonald has her family's move all planned, at least until they pull into the driveway of their new home and discover that it's fallen into terrible disrepair. The bad situation quickly becomes worse -- the moving van which contains all of their possessions has been delayed, her husband's employer needs him to leave the country immediately, and the caretaker's body is discovered at the bottom of the basement steps.

Maggie is the kind of cozy mystery heroine I love to read about. She's competent and optimistic, even when camping out in the barn with her sons while waiting for the police to wrap up their investigation and her clothes and furniture to arrive. She seems to have a great relationship with her husband and kids. And her involvement with the mystery makes total sense.  Address To Die For is the first in a new series by by Mary Feliz  and I look forward to reading more about her and her new neighbors.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copy by the publisher. All opinions are my own. This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along, iknead2knit, Crazy Mom Quilts  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will look for that at the library. It sounds great! The doily/dishrag looks nice, but are you actually going to use it after all that work? LOL

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I like the plain dishcloths because I am too lazy to attempt something that complicated! Good job. Cheers!

Afton Warrick said...

Then that's the fanciest dish rag I've ever seen!

Mary Marcotte said...

Fancy dishrag? I guess so. My dishrags look like they are dishRAGS. I don't have doilies, but I imagine they wouldn't be this nice. Set a lamp on it and walk away. You'll see how many compliments you get, and won't it feel good to say, "Oh, this little dishrag? I made that"?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails