Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sea Mist Socks


Sometimes I entertain myself by matching my sock yarn to where I'll be working on the socks. That's why I took another pair off the needles and cast on with Drops Fabel Sea Mist. I had the first sock done before we left town and was sure I'd have the second one done before we left the coast. 

In case you were wondering, it's hard to take pictures of socks on your own feet while sitting in a chair and holding them up high enough to get only tidepools and not lawn in the background. 


Next time, I think I'm packing the sock blockers. 

Ann asked if I like the Drops yarn. After knitting two pairs of socks with it, I think I do. The weather is too nice to wear socks, so I haven't used or washed them yet, but I enjoyed knitting with it. And the colors are absolutely gorgeous. 


Eleven years ago, I was on that same balcony knitting my Pinwheel Baby Blanket. Memory plays tricks. I was sure I'd started the baby blanket while I was pregnant with Quinn. Turns out I was already pregnant with Leif, but probably hadn't figured that out yet when the picture was taken.



Disclosure -- This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along, Crazy Mom Quilts , Wrap up Friday  


6 comments:

Dar said...

Those are just beautiful. How did you train that crab to hold still for that great photo op moment!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Definitely pretty yarn for socks. I love the crab photo!

Laura said...

Beautiful socks! But I agree that it is too hot to wear them now.

straythreads said...

Great looking socks I think I made a pair from the same yarn

Dianna M said...

Beautiful socks!!!!! I'm about to finish (will be done sometime tomorrow) my first pair of socks. Its very exciting! Your pictures are so great.

Paula said...

The socks are really pretty. I like how you matched them to your location.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails