Thursday, July 07, 2016

{Throwback Thursday} Miss Kitty


Miss Kitty (pattern from the May 2007 issue of Quilter's Newsletter) has been folded up in my sewing room for six years because I can't work up the enthusiasm to quilt her. If she's too big to get a decent photograph, how am I going to baste and quilt this beast? Even knowing that I can use the longarm, it's a daunting thought.

The pattern calls for sixteen cat blocks. I couldn't settle on just sixteen fabrics so the quilt kept growing and growing until I made myself stop at forty-two. Then I made the sashing extra narrow to keep the size down, but it's still huge. Not as huge as the quilts my friend make, but still bigger than I want to deal with.

And I've still got cats somewhere. Back in 2009 I cut pieces for at least half a dozen more cats and kept them separate between the pages of a notebook. The problem is that I live with other people who also use notebooks so I have no idea if those blocks-to-be are lost forever or if I just haven't found them yet. I stopped worrying about it when I realized how big the quilt is without them.

1 comment:

Kathy S. said...

It's really cute. Love the scraps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails