Sunday, September 18, 2016

Stash Enhancement

While I was doing the Row by Row Experience, my folks were travelling in other parts of the state. The rules say that any person who walks in the door can request a pattern. My dad is a person. So is my teenage son. So when we weren't on the road together, I picked up patterns for her and she picked them up for me. 


I think there are another twenty patterns in this stack to add to my collection. Now it's time to pick my favorites and decide how to combine them. When we started, I had my doubts about whether or not I'd finish a quilt. Now I'm thinking I've got at least two in my future. 

Did you see that Sew Fresh Quilts is doing a Quilt Along for the Mod Bear Paw pattern? 

Sew Fresh Quilts

I'm seriously loving this quilt and I've had a Craft Warehouse gift card riding around in my purse since Christmas. I'd gone into the shop once or twice and come out empty handed. Friday, I headed out in search of brown fabric to use in some Bear Paw blocks. 

No luck with the brown, but I did find shirtings and a couple of novelty prints at a great price. 


And a new-to-me brand of sock yarn for three dollars a skein. I was drooling over this yarn a few weeks back at twice the price (plus shipping), so every color they had in stock made it into my cart. Three dollar pairs of socks? Yes, please! It may push my numbers deeper into the hole, but when I want to do some mindless sock knitting in months to come, I'll be happy to have it.



Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week:  11 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 29 1/4 yards (+2 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 22 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 250  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 5500 yards
Yarn added this Week: 1752 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9118 yards
Net added for 2016: 3618 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Making something beautiful from sale goods makes one feel very smug, no?

Summer said...

Pretty colours! Have a lovely evening ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails