Sunday, October 09, 2016

Scary Sock Yarn

My sock yarn stash lives here and there and everywhere. Not really...but it's not all in one convenient place.


The sock yarn I want to knit next lives in a cute little suitcase that I inherited from Grandma. The Fabel takes up its own hat box, and there's are another two or three hat boxes out in the sewing room....and a Rubbermaid tub of the sock yarn that won't fit in the pretty boxes.

It's not a bad situation. Over the past couple of years, I've learned that, even when I'm not intending to, I knit a lot of socks. Fifty-four pairs just in the three years since the accident. (And no, I don't need that many pairs or wear them all and I don't care.) Almost all of my yarn stash was purchased on sale and having it lets me participate in fun things like Sock Madness and the Super Scary Sock knitalong.  Or to just knit and knit and knit when I'm feeling stressed.

Before my surgery last week, I rummaged through my sock yarn stash to remind myself what was in there and pull out a few skeins that might or might not be suitable for the upcoming Scary Socks. Surgery went well, but I'm taking it easy for a couple of days.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 7 1/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 29 1/4 yards (+2 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 22 yards

Yarn used this Week: 0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 5900 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9118 yards
Net added for 2016: 3218 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

maggie fellow said...

what is the super scary sock KAL? sounds scareylol

Kate said...

Hope you heal up quickly from your surgery. Looking forward to seeing your scary socks. Sounds like fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails