Monday, November 14, 2016

Experimenting


My more recent scrap quilts have been more and more controlled. I play it safe by sticking to greens or blues or mixing obvious lights and darks.... or in an "anything goes" quilt like Cheddar Bow Ties,  I use all of that bright background to tie the fabrics together and make them play nicely.

It's been a long time since I threw caution to the wind and did something like Sparkling Gems. I had serious doubts when I started piecing the blocks for that one, but it all came together into a quilt that I still like.

We'll see what happens with this one. It'll take a lot more blocks before I have any idea what the finished quilt might look like.

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

Ooh, I think I could do that! A block like that could easily be strip pieced from my overflowing bins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails