Thursday, December 08, 2016

Now My Pens Are Safely Hidden



I'd forgotten that non-Crayola felt tip pens were a thing. Now that Pinterest has reminded me, I'm absolutely in love. Those little white stars at the top of the cap make me happy and conjure up vague hazy memories of red pens in my dad's desk at work.

To keep my pens mine, I needed a little bag to keep them contained in my bigger bag. The fabric choice kept stopping me in my tracks. I've got all kinds of cute novelty prints, but they're all sewing themed and that didn't seem right for office supplies. I'd finally settled on the American Jane ruler print and has the pieces cut before it registered that these are not rulers...


I'd say "oops" if  this print wasn't an even better choice for a pen bag. Measure twice, cut once, and actually look at the fabric you're using!

1 comment:

FlashinScissors said...

Love the fabric! Oh dear, I think I need to make a pencil case .... !

Smiles and hugs!
Thanks for the idea,
Barbara xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails