Sunday, February 05, 2017

The Second DIY Sock Yarn Sampler

In mid-November, I  picked out some of the stash yarn that I was most excited about. You can see the before picture in this post if you're interested.

Not quite three months later, here's the after, not including a pair I made with yarn that wasn't in the box and the pair I was working on when I started...



My little experiment was more successful than I expected. Even though I can cheat all I want, I was motivated to cast on with all of the pretty the yarn before it disappeared back into my stash. 

Last week, I put away the three skeins that were left and pulled out different colors that I'm excited about, this time thinking about Valentine's Day and spring. In another three months, I'll do it again. (How weird is it that I've already got a few of the summer yarns picked?)


Sock Madness starts in March and I'll dig through my stash for whatever yarn suits the patterns. I've also been drooling over some patterns that aren't socks or written for sock yarn. But I think I'll keep rotating my stash for the rest of the year and see what happens. Three of the four fall pairs were knit from yarn that had been buried for years.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 1/4 yard
Fabric used year to date: 1/2 yard
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 0
Net used for 2017: 1/2 yard

Yarn used this Week:  0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 1100 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net used for 2017: 1100 yards

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...


Wow! Good for you!
My socks are starting to wear out (after 8 or 10 years) and I can't seem to schedule enough time for either socks or quilts!

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Good for you. They all looked great. I so missed knitting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails