Saturday, January 20, 2018

{Estate Sale Temptations} Old Stuff in a New House

There was a sign for an estate sale and I had a few minutes more than I needed to get where I was going. The house was really new. My guess is that it was built in the 1980s at the absolute earliest, which didn't bode well. As far as estate sales go, it was absolutely minimalist. But they had all the tattered old quilts...which I somehow didn't get pictures of.

 I love this vintage piece of crewel. 


And I think I have the same kit up in my sewing room, or one that's very similar, including the bright blue background. Now I want to go dig around to see if I can find it.

Stamped cross-stitch piggies...


And a cross-stitched Last Supper. I was intrigued, but not tempted to bring it home and hang it on my wall.


This one is gonna haunt me. I've been on the lookout for one of these, but on that day I didn't have the time or the room in the back of the van. Or the teenager to load it for me. There will be another one, though, if we're patient.


With so many quilts and pieces of stitchery, there were almost no left over supplies. One partially finished Oregon Beavers needlepoint project, a couple of books, and a tiny box of nondescript fabric scraps. I'm guessing that whoever lived in the house wasn't the person who did the stitchery. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails